Friday, December 12, 2008

Life´s Little Wonders

So here I am in Guatemala. Land of the Book of Mormon. Land of the Eternal Spring. Shouldn´t I be happy? I broke up with my boyfriend of six months. That´s the longest I have been with anybody ever. I did it because i wanted him to focus on going on a mission. But then I couldn´t stop thinking about him and i felt i had made a serious mistake. well lo and behold he doesn´t care for me anymore. i guess that makes things easier but it seems harder now. i always thought of him as my back up plan...is that too harsh? that maybe if i couldn´t find anyone else he would always be there because he was the first one to say I Love You. It took me a little longer. now i´m worried that i will end up alone with no family, no children. i read all my friends blogs and see how happy they all are. they all have been married for awhile and have their family, their kids. sometimes i wonder if i´m being punished for some reason. also i wonder...should i just settle? whomever the next one is that says or acts like they like me do i just settle so i can have something and hope that one day i´ll love him? Augh!!!!!!!! I´m so tired of waiting, hoping, and praying that MY DAY will come. Then there are personal things going on that cause me to think did I make the right decision? Everytime I think it´s the spirit telling me what to do have I been wrong? Am I so alone in this world that even Heavenly Father has left me? Why couldn´t MY LIFE have been easy? Why did I have to be the good daughter and make correct choices when they haven´t brought me anything eternally speaking. I´m literally alone, confused, and wonder if somewhere along the line I made a terrible mistake. Should I have not gone on a mission? Should I have not come to visit that first time here in Guatemala where I fell in love with this country and it´s people? Should I have given that first guy in Boise a chance when he wanted to date me? Should I have said yes that first time a guy from my mission asked me to marry him when I first came here to Guatemala? Should I stop asking Heavenly Father what to do and just do whatever I want? Sigh. Why does Christmas time always seem so sad for me?! Sigh.

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry. I am sitting here fighting the tears. Life, everyones life is hard and at some point unbearable. Even if they say its not they are lieing. Married or not. Kids or not. It's hard. This is your trial in life and you will get through it. I wish you could know how much we all stuggle. Yes, I do have so much and I am so blessed. I have sacraficed so much....I raise my kids pretty much on my own and rarely see my husband and when I do he is an s.o.b. becouse he is so stressed. Just know that I am hear if you ever need to talk. I hope and pray thing will turn around for you.

    ReplyDelete