Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Weekly letter #2

Dear Family & Friends,

I hope everyone is doing well wherever they may be. I missed sending out my update last week so there will be alot to mention in this email.

As I had mentioned before we had a Young Single Adult activity two weekends ago that was alot of fun. It was at a campground that the church owns north of the capital. It is huge! For those that know Pinetop in Idaho City it is about 3 or 4 times the size. President Clark the Area President came and spoke to us. He is a very nice man. Then we had activities, lunch and a dance. I am glad I went because I made a lot of new friends.

The last two weeks in school was great because I have been teaching a group of 1st graders. They are a lot of fun and I really enjoy that age group. Actually I like all the age groups. For me they are all really great! This week I will start with the 4th graders. It should be interesting. I went and saw Wolverine with a friend and absolutly loved it!!!!! Can't wait for the Deadpool sequel.

The following weekend I went to a wedding of the sister of a friend of mine and had a blast. Met new friends again!! My group of friends is growing and guess what???... they are all guys! I have a lot of guy friends and it is a bit frustrating. But when you have lemons make lemonade!! So this last weekend I went to Xela becuase they were having a dance there and I made more new friends...guys! Hahaha. But I had a lot of fun and I was able to see Mariela and the rest of the family. Also I received three letter from the states. One from my friend in Utah which was actually her wedding announcement but nonetheless I was happy to have it. Also I got the birthday card from Dad and Gramama with the pictures. Thanks!!! It only takes a week or less for the mail to get here but then it travels to Suchitepequez and since I'm not there I have to wait till I can go get it. As soon as I have an address here that I can use I will let you know. Until then keep sending stuff to the adress I have given out. And if you don't have it and want it let me know!!

I finally have an official calling as the area institute teacher. Augh! Can you believe it? When they called me I couldn't believe it but I have really enjoyed it.

Hopefully, though I will be able to get my car fixed, the brakes, or I won't be going anywhere since I live on the far outskirts of town. Hopefully I will be able to do that tomorrow because I can't drive my car due to the horrible grinding noise!!! How annoying!

Well, life is continuing on as I sit here typing and I must go. I hope all of you know how much I love you and pray for you. Take care!!!

Melanie

No comments:

Post a Comment