Sunday, October 05, 2008

Guatemala Here I Come

Ok so now I have 25 days and counting till my last day at work. Excited? Yes! Why? Because I am moving to Guatemala. So I know many of you might think, didn't she try this 2 1/2 years ago? Yes I did and didn't make it. I was naive and didn't really make a solid plan. Well this time is different becuase I have a travelling companion and I know what I need in order to go through Mexico. I'm very excited and can't wait. I'm going to go to Boise for a couple days first so I can say goodbye to my mom and family up there. Dad is already gone to Alaska and I saw him when I went last weekend. Then it's off to Guatemala!! It should take 3-4 days depending on if Daniel, my friend coming with me, and I trade off driving or actually stop in with members I know to sleep. We haven't decided yet. I would like to get there asap so we may just trade off driving. Mariela and I will be getting a place in the capital as she has a new job there. I will find a temporary job, or it may turn out to be long term, until the teaching job starts next June. I'll also be helping Mariela learn English and that should be fun. All in all I am so excited to be following my dream. Heavenly Father has been telling me for awhile that I need to be there and I've decided that in order for Him to bless me I need to follow His counsel. So Guatemala here I come!

3 comments:

  1. Good luck to you in Guatemala. It is crazy how sometimes you have to try things several times before it works the way it should.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yah I know! Hey do you have a blog? Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I will send you an invite to it.

    ReplyDelete