Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Saying Goodbye



So this weekend was a weekend of goodbyes for my friends here in Utah. Friday I had some people from my student ward come over so we could take pictures and have a little fun since I won't be here this weekend. It was great! We watched some pretty hilarious videos on youtube...gotta love it. Then we played Scum. Since I had hurt my knee that same day from 12 long hours of Banquet Serving at the Grand America I made everyone else move around me when it came to positions for Scum. We had quite a few laughs and lots of fun!! Then Saturday I went up to Ogden because A. my friend is leaving for her mission and she wanted me to sing and B. I wanted to say goodbye to everyone I could up there. It was a lot of fun. Especially eating the latino food. Yum!! Can't wait to be able to eat it everyday!! Also I was able to talk with the family about possible routes to take in Mexico. We settled in the shortest...19hrs..and cheapest...about $60 for toll roads. So I'll be driving through Texas. Basically taking the same way I did the last time but this time I will actually be able to get there. It was great being able to sing. I haven't really done any for awhile at least not since last Spring. I stayed through till last night and hung out with my friend and her family. All day Monday we spent shopping with her Mom for things that she still needed for the mission. It was great because I was able to recall the memories of when I left for my mission. Having the open house and then shopping for clothes and other miscellaneous items. We were so exhausted!! That night we went with all the other young single adults from the Spanish branch for ice cream at Farr's. The best possibly ever....or at least a close second to Ben and Jerry's. Afterwards we went and watched the new Indiana Jones. Got to love those movies!! Now I'm back home procrastinating packing. I still have three more days!! But it was great to see some of all those I new up there. I'm probably going back on tomorrow to hang out with the choir and say goodbye to my old boss who I love so much. It's very weird because time is coming so quickly! Soon I will be in Guatemala! Yay!!

2 comments:

  1. I wish you luck on your long drive. Do you plan on stopping at all or are you going to drive straight through?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will stop to get gas and eat but I'm hoping not to have to stop to sleep. I do really well sleeping in the car so hopefully my friend will too. I looked up where you guys are but it's out of the way and I need to save as much time, gas and money as possible. But at least we will have facebook and blogs to keep in contact. Maybe in the future we will be able to see each other. I hope all is well!!

    ReplyDelete