Monday, January 18, 2010

Julie and Julia

January 16, 2010
Since I came home from The States after spending Christmas there, much has happened in my life. One thing that has given me the strength to revamp this blog is watching the movie “Julie and Julia”. It is about the great cook Julia Child and an otherwise ordinary woman, like me, Julie Powell and how their lives changed. I think I would have to write for days to explain the connection I felt to this movie and, since I really don´t have that much time, I have decided to at least try and write everyday. Julie Powell decided to start a blog to give her something worthwhile to do and decided to follow the cookbook of Julia Child. These two women took food and writing to help them get through tough times in their lives. Now because I don´t have tons of money to spend on food to cook I have decided to write about a passion of mine which is watching movies. This is cheap and I definitely can watch movies often and then blog about how they make me feel or even just give my review. I know no one will care but I think I will be able to give myself something to help me get through this New Year without have a nervous break down or doing something rash. Of course the first movie would be “Julie and Julia”. It is so inspiring obviously since I am writing this now. I think the acting was great. How could it not be?? You have Meryl Streep and Amy Adams. Two women who are very empowering and bright lights in an otherwise dismal lighting store, aka Hollywood. I mean we really don´t have a lot of great actresses to choose from but they are among the best. I have loved all their movies they have been in and probably will be in. Then we have their supporting actors because really the girls are the leads in this movie and the men are just there to support. Still, they are great. Stanley Tucci is just an amazing man. Even with his small features and bald head you can´t help but love him. I know that sounds superficial, even though I am not a superficial person, but I try to speak honestly and the truth is not many people would be attracted to a man who looked like that but some are. I think he is very adorable. Please don´t take offense Stanley or any man reading this that looks like that, which I don´t there will be any. The actor that plays Amy´s husband is just cute even though I don´t know who he is I hope to see more of him in the future. All I can say about this movie that I haven´t already said is how much I loved it and how everyone should get it and watch it and learn from it. Here´s to a new year full of bright hopes and possible dreams. If Julia Child was so optimistic in life I think I can at least try to be a tenth of what she was and look forward with much hope to what might happen, that´s great, this year. So forget what has happened in the past 16 days of the New Year and on to the next 349 days ahead full of mystery, pleasure and happiness and, I´m sure, problems, heart ache and failure. Because we cannot have one without the other, life wouldn´t “work” if we did.

2 comments:

  1. You are so right....Life just doesnt work that way!!! Life is not easy by any means!!! Sweet post...I loved that movie!! Guess what?? So did Trent! Surprised? I was! Good luck with everything...I will continue to check in on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there girl!!! Good movie huh? And Trent liked it??? Wow that´s surprising!!! Hope all is well. Hello to all!!

    ReplyDelete