Thursday, January 21, 2010

Say Anything

January 20, 2010
I love John Cusack! He plays such awesomely quirky guys and in “Say Anything” he plays a girl´s guy. Let me explain that. In this movie there is a role reversal. Instead of the girl chasing the guy and getting her heart broken it is the guy. Sometimes I wonder if what we saw truly happens. I mean on the girl´s end it´s all true. We cry over the guy and talk about it with our girlfriends and hope that things can change. But do the guys cry as well and have doubts? I haven´t been as persistent as him but maybe I could be. Maybe that is the trick. Show them you really want to be with them and “there” for them. Is that what they need? The girl was such a guy in this movie. Telling him that she loved him but wanting to end it. Made me laugh. And it was also her that brought them back together, even though it was because of a family tragedy. Well not so much a tragedy as a problem. All in all I just love John Cusack and all the characters he has ever played. Also the music is always great. Cameron Crowe really knew what he was doing in writing this movie. He always knew, in all his movies, how to get to the basic truth of whatever theme he is writing about. In the end Diane says “Nobody really thinks it will work” and Lloyd says “You just described every really great success story.” I think that is the truth of it all. We never know if it´s going to work, whatever we may be doing be it school, work, or relationships. But if we try hard and follow our gut feeling then it will end in a success. What a great movie that gives us insight into ourselves and the other gender and also into our personal endeavors.

No comments:

Post a Comment